Mechanical Technicians carry out planned or unplanned maintenance and repair activities on a wide range of equipment e.g. pumps, engines, turbines.
- Carries out maintenance and testing activities
- Fault-finding and repair of plant, systems and equipment
- Modifies, repairs or replaces plant, systems and equipment
- Participates in Risk Assessments as part of Integrated Safe System Of Work (ISSOW) / Permit to Work preparation
- Interprets technical drawings
- Prepares reports on work done.
How this role fits in with the rest of the industry:
This role is vital to the safe and effective delivery of offshore production/onshore processing of oil and gas or in ensuring that plant and equipment used onshore and offshore is in a safe condition and meets safety and technical standards. They can be based offshore, at an oil and gas processing plant or at onshore yard/workshop sites.
Lead Mechanical Technician, Mechanical/ Maintenance Supervisor/Chargehand, Maintenance Manager, Offshore Installation Manager.