Electrical Technicians carry out planned or unplanned maintenance and repair activities on a wide range of equipment e.g. power generation and distribution systems, motors, control systems and electrical equipment.
- Carries out maintenance and testing activities
- Fault-finding and repair of systems and equipment
- Modifies, repairs or replaces systems and equipment
- Participates in Risk Assessments as part of Integrated Safe System Of Work (ISSOW) / Permit to Work preparation
- Interprets technical drawings
- Prepares reports on work done.
How this role fits in with the rest of the industry:
This role is vital to the safe and effective delivery of offshore production/onshore processing of oil and gas and ensures that electrical systems and equipment used onshore and offshore are in a safe condition and meet safety and technical standards. They can be based offshore, at an oil and gas processing plant or at onshore yard/workshop sites.
Lead Electrical Technician, Electrical/Maintenance Supervisor/Chargehand, Maintenance Manager, Offshore Installation Manager.